Tuesday 2 February 2016

Weighing of leftovers at Vändra Gymnasium in January 2016


Food waste. Weighing of leftovers in Vändra Gymnasium on Thursday, 26 January 2016.

 

Our school has two separate eating groups during two breaks.

In the first group there were students from forms 1-6. For the first group there was made 104,163  kg of food. There were 2 kg of leftovers.

In the second group there were students from forms 7-12. For the second group there was made 99,684 kg of  food.

 19 teachers also ate in the school canteen during the second shift and their food weight was 11,971 kg.

Altogether there were 3 kg of leftovers during the second lunch break. So every student and teacher threw away about 0,01 of their food.

To sum up, the weight of leftovers was 5 kg. During the observation it turned out that students mostly threw away  beetroot. Actually, we should always eat salad as it is healthy.

Last year there were  28.5 kg of leftovers but this year only 5 kg. We would like to thank our cooks for good meals and students we do not like to waste food.

Other students who do not participate in our project did not know anything about the food weighing.

 

 

           Menu on 26 January 2016

 

Food
students 7-12 year
students 13-19 year
macaroni
0,200kg
0,200kg
minced meat sauce
0,150kg
0,170kg
beetroot
0,050kg
0,070kg
Bread
0,020kg
0,020kg
juice
0,200kg
o,200kg

 

Text made by Kirke Tomson and Victoria Kaljuste (Form 8)

 

 

2 comments:

  1. How I Got My Loan From A God Fearing Lender (Lexieloancompany@yahoo.com)

    Hello, I am Andrew Thompson by Name from CT USA, God has bless me with two kids and a lovely Wife, I promise to share this Testimony because of God favor in my life, 2days ago I was in desperate need of money so I thought of having a loan then I ran into wrong hands who claimed to be a loan lender not knowing he was a scam. he collected 1,500.00 USD from me and refuse to email me since then I was confuse, but God came to my rescue, one faithful day I went to church after the service I share idea with a friend and she introduce me to LEXIE LOAN COMPANY, she said she was given 98,000.00 USD by MR LEXIE , THE MANAGING DIRECTOR OF LEXIE LOAN COMPANY. So I collected his email Address , he told me the rules and regulation and I followed, then after processing of the Documents, he gave me my loan of 55,000.00 USD... So if you are interested in a loan you can as well contact him on this Email: Lexieloancompany@yahoo.com or text: +1(406)946-0675 thanks, I am sure he will also help you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you need a loan to start up business or to pay your bills and a corporate financial for real estate and any kinds of business financing. LAKEWOOD FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS also offer Loans to individuals,Firms and corporate bodies at 2% interest rate. LAKEWOOD give out loan to serious minded people that are interested of loan if interested contact this email:lakewook21@gamil.com or lakewook23@yahoo.com and lakewook_financialinstitutions@consultant.com

    ReplyDelete